Siemens CMM Inspection software enables you to generate complex inspection programs for machines and perform quick and accurate analysis by comparing inspected data with specified design features and tolerances. The software uses nominal CAD geometry to generate, optimize, verify and execute off-line inspection programs for CMMs and NC machine tools. CMM Inspection enables you to interpret component and assembly tolerances defined by engineering that can be used during programming for the identification of critical features and analysis of inspection results.
- Direct use of CAD model data with no translation required;
- Full support of the master model concept;
- Generate inspection programs in DMIS format;
- Automatic feature and path update in case of geometry changes;
- Analyses of inspected data quickly and accurately;
- Familiar, easy-to-learn and -use CAD environment;
- Easy-to-use macro language facilitates user customization.
- Reduce time-to-generate programs by as much as 75%;
- Increase CMM efficiency by up to 25;
- Reduce tooling costs by 20%-50%;
- Eliminate time-to-translate geometry with no loss of accuracy, saving up to 8 hours per model;
- Reduce off-line reprogramming time up to 90% with automatic update.
More information about CMM Inspection on Siemens PLM Software website.
Promotional video for the Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM) Programming application in Siemens PLM Softwares NX 7 integrated CAD/CAM/CAE application.