AboutThis HtmlReport gives a "sneak preview" of Tecnomatix Plant Simulation, Siemens' material flow simulation software. Use the pane on the left to navigate.
cards PLM Solutions BVFounded in 1999, cards PLM Solutions BV is a Solution and Technology partner of Siemens Industry Software; it has a dedicated team of Digital Manufacturing specialists that delivers software and high-quality services in over 20 countries. With Tecnomatix Plant Simulation and our own building blocks, we cover all relevant aspect of the tire manufacturing process:
- Preparation of base materials
- Part production
- Green tire assembly
- Curing and testing
- Material handling and intermediate storage
- Warehousing and logistics
- Tecnomatix Plant Simulation software
- Industry-specific building blocks
- Simulation-based consultancy
- Software training
- Practical training
More informationFor more information see:
- Homepage cards PLM Solutions BV
- Presentation given at the Tire Technology Expo 2016
- Plant Simulation product page
- Siemens tire page
ContactDr. Gert Nomden
Senior Consultant | Tecnomatix Product Manager
cards PLM Solutions BV
De Maas 22a
5684 PL | Best
T: +31 499 371990 | F: +31 499 372690
Rubber mixing demonstrator
OverviewThis is a sample report that shows a summary of relevant statistics of the rubber mixing demonstration. This report can easily be shared with others and helps to see how our plant is doing and where we should improve.
The model outputs 12 different end-products, each with a distinct color. These products are ordered in distinct quantities. The recipe data is taken from SIMATIC IT Interspec.
Each product requires ingredients in 6 categories: Polymers, Carbon, Oil, Mixed chemicals, Zinc oxide and Small chemicals. Polymers and Small chemicals are fed in by a worker. In total 38 unique base ingredients are used.
Each mixer repeats a unqiue order cycle in terms of sequence and amount.
The model displays dynamic behavior, as it occurs in real production plants:
- Mixing times differ per product batch
- The process batches are all different in amount
- Between products there is a set-up time (5 minutes)
- Equipment may fail at random times (90% availability, MTTR=10 minutes)
- Material supply to the silos and day tanks is discontinuous
- The mixer handles batches of 400 kg maximum. In other words, a production order of 5200 kg will be divided into 13 batches.
- Each batch requires a specific amount and type of ingredients, which need to be loaded before processing can start. If one or more ingredients are missing (supply problem), the mixer will wait.
- The day tanks and silos have a limited capacity (volume), when they are empty they cannot supply materials.
- The material supply to the tanks is restricted to several slots per day or week.
- Equipment can have a limited flow rate, so that the transfer of materials between equipment also takes time.
- Additional constraints are in effect, but the ones mentioned above are the most relevant. It should be noted that these behaviors are all part of the standard building blocks.
General performanceThe table below shows the order quantities and realizations from the mixers. In most cases, the productivity is the starting point for further analysis with the more detailed charts below.
The chart below shows if we have silos running empty at some point. Such a situation indicates a material supply problem.